We are seeing a big change in Liam in the last week, especially in his looks. All of the sudden he just looks like a different baby. Maybe it's because he's getting bigger or older...not for sure but it's something!! Even our friends, Shawn and Jennifer mentioned it yesterday when they saw him. He is starting to grab for toys a little and holding things in his hands a little more. He is insisting on eating more as well so he's pretty consistently taking 5 oz every 3-4 hours during the day and then sleeping anywhere from 8-10 hrs at night (8 hrs seems like a lot but if you don't go to bed when he does, which we rarely do, then 4:30am seems awfully early to get up)!! Liam goes to the NICU developmental follow-up clinic tomorrow so we are very anxious to see what they have to say about his development and hoping for any helpful tips they can give us. He still isn't rolling over at all so we've been giving him extra tummy time to practice although that just makes him mad and he screams the whole time! We are all still trying to adjust to me going back to work. This will be my 3rd week back and it's not been easy for any of us. Jason and I have to get up at 4:00am and have the kids up and out of the house by 5:00 to get to Topeka by 6:00am (which is what time I have to go to work). Then I've pretty consistently been putting in 13-14 hr days which means they are waiting around for me at ~2 hrs each evening as well. So I've decided it's time for a change for me as well. I've applied for a few different positions outside of St Francis and then also got a call back today to interview for a position that I applied for there probably a month ago. I'm looking to change to a Monday-Friday job (although I will truly miss only working 3 days a week we feel this is what's best for our family right now). So I will keep you posted as to what ends up happening there. Aynslee has been doing well with her glasses for the most part. We went and had them adjusted today because she keeps saying they hurt her ears. I'm not really sure that we've noticed any changes in her sight (although I guess we really never noticed any problems to begin with so I don't know what were looking for)!! I'm posting some new pics of Liam along with a video so you can all see the changes too!
so fun! Let me know how the follow up clinic goes tomorrow! I can't believe it's already time for you guys go to back to the NICU! You'll have to tell everyone hello from the Gramkows! Different job options huh? My sister used to do 12s too (she's also a nurse) and then reached a time too where she needed a schedule change...it'll work out! I'll be praying for you in this time...job searching is never really fun. Hope all is well! Love the blog! So festive...
ReplyDelete